Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mixed Ontario Berries with Vanilla Sugar and Lemon Liberte Yogourt

Ontario strawberries, blackberries and wild blueberries. Don't ask me how they were all in season at the same time this weekend.  

Lemon Liberte Yogourt. For me, it actually rivals ice cream. There are lots of other flavours too - all killer. Try the coconut.

Putting vanilla beans in my sugar is my new favourite thing. It both flavours and moistens it. The berries are so ripe they really don't need it, but just a touch is nice. (Oh, p.s. - did you know you can also remoisten brown sugar by putting a small peice of bread in the jar? Works like a charm. And quickly too.)

All together now.

I'd say this counts as en entirely presentable Summer dessert. Serve it with a biscotti or cookie if you want to be fancy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home