Thursday, November 4, 2010

Social Lubricant



Pretty Little Low-Profile Flask.

I love to go dancing and check out different shows and this pretty flask, given to me as a gift last year, has served me very well (haha - get it?). Perpetually on a tight budget, buying drinks for myself all night isn't really an option. Perpetually uninterested in engaging with most of the men who approach me, accepting free drinks isn't either.


Ballantine's Blended Scotch Whisky.

I usually fill the flask with whisky or tequila. The Ballantine's whisky pictured above provides excellent bang for the buck (I paid about $23 for this 750ml. bottle), but the best part about buying from the liquor store instead of the bar is I can afford higher quality stuff once in a while. On those special occasions I might go for something fancy like Chivas Regal or Patron Tequila.

A warning: Bringing your own booze into a club isn't actually allowed, obviously, so you'll have to sneak it in. In case you need some inspiration, I'll mention that last week I saw a lady in the bathroom at a major concert in a well-controlled venue pull an entire bottle of whisky out of her boot! Take some time to casually arrange the contents of your purse or pockets to disguise the flask, and be cool upon entrance. Whether or not you can get away with holding and drinking from it right on the dance floor is up for situational analysis. If no, sneak sips somewhere in the shadows.

Oh - and don't blame me if they catch you.

A song to bring out your inner bad ass: http://www.youtube.com/user/rebecca35115?feature=mhum#p/c/7888AC50B447F721/80/YFbLRZCExBk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home