Thursday, October 28, 2010

Grease In, Grease Out

This post is dedicated to the timeless art of keeping your locks moisturized in all the right places.

Now that my hair is so (ridiculously) long this has become quite a challenge. I want the ends to be nourished and soft and shiny - hard to achieve when I wash my hair everyday - but I want the volume and bounce that comes with squeaky clean roots - hard to achieve on the days I don't shampoo.

These two lovely little products have been helping me deal with this dilemma.

Klorane Dry Shampoo and Leave-In Conditioner.

The first is a dry shampoo. I know the concept is old news to many, but I had never tried until until I bought this and maybe you haven't either. Basically, you spray it in at the roots of your hair, wait a couple of minutes to let it absorb the oil, and then brush or fluff it out (the instructions say 'brush' but if your hair is curly you could probably get away with just using your fingers - the point is to get rid of the powdery residue that's left behind). I found it made my hair noticeably lighter and fluffier and got rid of the obviously greasy baby hairs around my hairline that appear when I skip a wash.

The other is a leave in conditioner. I have been putting it on the ends of my hair everyday, whether I shampoo or not (if not, I usually wet them a little before scrunching it in), and they are distinctly softer and less frizzy as a result. I really love the design of the pump and it smells great - kinda fresh and herbal instead of perfumey.

There are, of course, other brands to choose from that carry similar products in both categories. I chose these because their packaging features picture of a green plant and I am a sucker for anything that seems more 'natural' than the other options. The key word is sucker - these do contain some plant-based ingredients but they are far from 'natural'.

They were about fifteen bucks each and I got them at Shopper's Drug Mart with a birthday gift card I got from my brother and his wife. I had enough left over for tampons and Vitamin D. Thanks guys!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home